I’m Right – You’re Wrong: How to Think Clearer, Argue Better and Stop Lying to Yourself by Sia Mohajer
English | Non Fiction: Reference | EPUB | 231 Kb
From childhood we are taught to be right. We are taught to win – to beat others. Regardless of what we experience, we cling to this need. The result is a lifetime of self-deception, bad communication and damaged relationships. The unconscious need to defend ourselves manifests itself through faulty reasoning, bad arguments and terrible decisions.
I’m Right. You’re Wrong is a journey into this world. We’ll explore:
· Why we always gossip
· The craziest anti-evolution argument you’ve ever heard
· Why there is a floating teapot somewhere in outer space
· The most effective way to get a witch to confess to a crime
· The worst anti-drug ad ever
· Why we will always love astrology and other assorted nonsense
· Why tapeworms, heroin and tobacco were used for medicine
· How to trick anyone into confessing
· The truth behind Nostradamus’s predictions
Drawing on extensive research, statistics and examples, best-selling author Sia Mohajer explores how we distort our arguments to maintain our world view. You will emerge from this journey with better communication skills, better reasoning and finally be able to stop lying to yourself.